[CentOS] No reiserfs support after kernel-update

Timothy Kesten

centos-lst at gmx.de
Thu Aug 24 13:30:40 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm using CentOS 4.3 on my desktop. All works well - until today.
On my machine are also other 'nixe like Kubuntu with reiserfs - filesystem.
Before update no problems with this partitions. But after the update from
today(kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL) I get a message "no support for reiserfs is in
the current kernel" and mounting these partitons are impossible.
Why ???
What can I do to get back my reiserfs-support with this kernel.
Booting with the old kernel (2.6.9-34.108.plus.c4 ) brings me now (why????)
the same message and same problems.

Thx
Timothy