[CentOS] Looks like 3.8 is not ready to download

Sam Trenholme

sam+centos at chaosring.org
Thu Aug 24 17:40:46 UTC 2006

This is just a heads up that 3.8 does not look ready to download.
There are 3.8 files at the CentOS mirrors, but the files (including the
iso images) are constantly changing or disappearing.  It looks like
the hard-working diligent CentOS workers are making some last minute
changes before getting CentOS 3.8 out the door.  I presume that
there will be a posting made to this list when 3.8 is ready--I hope
this doesn't end up like 3.6, when the files are uploaded but not a
peep on the mailing list nor webpage that a new 3.x release of CentOS
has been made.

I know most people are probably using 4.x, but I prefer 3.x because I know
the software on this release is guaranteed to be present in any more
modern Linux distro (maybe as an updated version); CentOS 3.x is the
oldest codebase being currently maintained for any free Linux
distro.

- Sam