[CentOS] Forum utility, facility?

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Fri Aug 25 19:06:15 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 13:42 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> What would really be nice would be some volunteer editors to collate
> useful answers from both the mail list and forums into the wiki and
> respond to repeat questions with links to the right places.  Neither
> forums nor mail list archives work very well as historical knowledge
> bases even though the answer you want might be in there somewhere.

A FAQ maintainer? They had on LFS and it worked pretty well. The only
drawback was the same that makes current vehicles less useful: as some
folks won't search archives, others won't search a FAQ, some won't check
the forum(s).

Then the FAQ maintainer issues the refrain from that old song "Please
Mr. Custer (I don't wanna go)", "What am I doing here?" and moves on.

*But* that shouldn't stop us from trying.

--
Bill