[CentOS] Forum utility, facility?

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Sat Aug 26 00:18:57 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Dag Wieers wrote:
> > If we could merge mailinglists and forums (by presenting the mailinglist
> > in a forum-like view) and use the forum comment interface to send mails to
> > a mailinglist, then both groups would be merged instead of seperated.
>
> Thats one of issues high on the list for www.centos.org-2.0

But that'll get really ugly. The only real solution I see is reflecting
the mailing lists into newsgroups and set up the "forum interface" as
another view to the newsserver.

Otherwise you'll lose references, encoding information and whatever. And
that'll make it really hard for the people using the mailing list, as
stuff will spread all over their mailreader.

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra at br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...80300 München | ....to right-justify any idea, even one