[CentOS] wep key generator

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Sat Aug 26 23:23:48 UTC 2006

Wep is unsecure.  do you have a way to move to WPA?
http://blogs.msdn.com/alexholy/archive/2006/08/07/690912.aspx

Guillermo Garron wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have this same problem on my ubuntu as in my Centos linux.
>
> when i use NetworkManager to connect to my NetGear Access Point with
> WEP security, the passphrase seems that do not make the correct KEY,
> so i had to check in the NetGear and enter it manually in EX mode,
> using iwconfig on CentOS and the networking utility in ubuntu.
>
> Ok, after this introduction this is my question.
> Do you know any WEP Key generator starting from a passphrase? for linux?
> i have found a lot for windows and on-line wich work really good,
> http://www.powerdog.com/wepkey.cgi
> this one generates exactly the same as my NetGear AP.
> but offcourse if I can't connect to the network I can't use an online
> tool :(
>
> any ideas?
> thanks
> Guillermo.

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099