[CentOS] upgrade to kernel 2.6.9.42.02

Centos-admin redhat at mckerrs.net
Sun Aug 27 11:14:16 UTC 2006

Rajeev R Veedu wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> I have upgraded the kernel and it took my 3w-9550sx-8LP sata raid card
> out of the box. It also fixed the problem of getting obsolete channel
> (my posting last week).
>
> Thanks for all your help and your support.
>

> Thanks
>

> Rajeev

On the subject of things that this particular new kernel has brought to
life.....

my nvidia nforce MCP51 (part of Nforce 430) IDE channels now support DMA
work at greater than 2mb/s !!

the only thing that still disappoints is the fact that cool'n quiet on
the athlon64 X2 does not work, ie both cpus's are 'going hell for leather'

Brian.