[CentOS] Updating Centos Machines

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Tue Aug 29 07:21:18 UTC 2006

>> I have few machines with Centos 4 I 386. Are there any programs which
>> manage the updates centrally sitting on an intranet? I would like to
>> avoid down loading the upgrades individually for each machine. I am
>> looking for an open source version.
>
> You can mirror the repositories you need locally. Mirror from a mirror
> and then point all your boxes to your local mirror.

Use rsync to mirror, as that will keep bandwidth down once your first transfer
is done. Also, only mirror what you need so you don't waste bandwidth.

Yum is what you need to update, but you probably know that. Edit
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo to point to your intranet repository instead
of external ones.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.