[CentOS] Which kernel package?

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Tue Aug 29 17:13:08 UTC 2006

Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Yes, I'm definitely going to run in 64-bit mode.  I guess there's not
> a hugemem version for 64-bit, so I'll just go with kernel-smp.
>
> I forgot about that minor detail.  Most of my machines are only
> 32-bit.

But in 64-bit mode, with more than 8 CPUs, you need the largesmp kernel. Not
that you get any options on that, but if you need 3rd party kernel modules it is
something to take into consideration.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.