[CentOS] upgrade to kernel 2.6.9.42.02

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Tue Aug 29 17:14:56 UTC 2006

Morten Torstensen wrote:
> Maybe some PCI enumeration or initialization code has changed in U4? I
> am still investigating on my system, but I have limited downtime to
> check different options and adapters on my server.

If I use ACPI=OFF, that solves the problem with the aic7xxx. Of course it is not
acceptable to run without ACPI, but it is a data point to where the problem is.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.