[CentOS] updating base kernel when plus kernel installed

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Aug 30 00:51:04 UTC 2006

A while ago I installed 2.6.9-nnnn.plus.c4 (nnnn means version at that
time, now at 42.0.2), but I have to boot with the base kernel, as the
plus kernel does not seem to work with my Atheros card/drivers.

Right now my base kernel is at:  2.6.9-34.0.2.EL and I have this feeling
that is quite behind the current rev.

I cannot figure out how to get kernel.i686 to upgrade.  I can't even
seem to get yum or yumex to list the package name for the current kernel
rev.