[CentOS] problem with rebootning on recen centos kernels

Daniel Staněk

Daniel.Stanek at mius.cz
Wed Aug 30 11:19:21 UTC 2006

hi friends,

maybe you could help me with following problem: We have one SuperMicro dual
xenon machine running Centos 4.3 ia32 version and we have problem with
reboting this machine remotely (command reboot from ssh connection). After
upgrade to kernel versions 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp and 2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp the
machine hangs right after the:

md: md0 switched to read-only mode.

message and does not reboot. Other systems says at this moment something
like "Rebooting ..." and do reboot. With kernel version 2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp
and older everything is ok, so that there must be some change in
2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp and later.

I have tried to boot with reboot=bios, reboot=force, reboot=triple, acpi=off
- unfortunately with no success.

Does anybody seen od solved this issue?

Dan