[CentOS] CentOS needs some love at DistroRankings.com

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 30 18:13:25 UTC 2006

> CentOS is not doing very well at this ranking site:
> http://www.distrorankings.com/
> We need some good foo there, so if you like CentOS

Johnny,

Been there, voted that :), although I voted in the past too.

However, CentOS is:
-- Distrorankings: #13
-- Distrowatch 6m: #14
-- Distrowatch 30d: #14

Pretty much the same, and this is not bad, given the public who's visiting
this kinda sites is:
-- people in quest of the 'latest and greatest' (KDE5 if possible :));
-- people happy with one-man kitchen-baked distros (MEPIS, etc.);
-- people unaware what means a business-oriented approach (they can reinstall
every day and they don't have critical data, nor necessary uptime).

Thanks for your good work!
(the said) Béranger