[CentOS] New on CentOS and update to 4.4

Timothy Kesten centos-lst at gmx.de
Wed Aug 30 20:32:49 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch 30 August 2006 22:10 schrieb Jim Perrin:
> On 8/30/06, Timothy Kesten <centos-lst at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I've been using CentOS for 2 month and I'm very pleased about this nice
> > distro.
> > But now there a the new version 4.4 and my question:
> > I'm using the kernel from centosplus because of reiserfs.
> > What have I to do now? Waiting for an update from centosplus?
>
> Ordinarily yes, however the kernel from 4.4 was released a week or so
> ago as it was a security update. the current kernel (2.6.9-42.0.2) in
> centosplus should be what you want.

Okay,

the kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.plus.c4 is running on my machine. Updated from
centosplus.
What's about all the other 165 packages announced in Up2date? Can I update
these packages without furthermore problems?

I have

exclude=php* kernel* postfix*

from base and update.

Now I get the message in Up2date, that the kernel-utils 2.4-13.1.83 marked to
left out. Is this okay or can I update these kernel-utils too.

Timothy