[CentOS] Remote upload apache files

Tom Elsesser

tom at acalprecision.com
Thu Aug 31 01:06:21 UTC 2006

Hi all,
  I need to upload files to /var/www/html on our remote centos box. The
perms on /var/www/html are stock from the install, (drwxr-xr-x
root.root). I set the box for ftp, but (obviously) normal users can't
write to that directory. I don't want to allow root ftp logins (I've
also disabled root ssh logins, so scp doesn't work either), and I don't
know how secure it is to change ownership of the html directory. Can
someone float me a couple of hints on how to accomplish this?

TIA,

--
Tom