[CentOS] CentOS 4.3 - MySQL - NIS user issue

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Thu Aug 31 07:43:03 UTC 2006

> Why does the version of mysql that comes with 4.x not work? The compat
> libs and oldpassword options should allow it to work with 3.x mysql
> clients just fine.
>
> Since you're not using the provided mysql for 4.x, how did you install
> what you've got?
> I think at this point you need to provide some more details for what
> you're doing and how you got there.

'they' want the new box to have exact same versions of software to one
that recently died. I am afraid its as simple as that and at the moment
i can't change that. If i can prove that it is not possible then i may
be able to change versions somewhat but i need to attempt to get this
working first.

thanks for your input regarding the compat libs