[CentOS] Minor 4.4 upgrade oddity

Bart Schaefer

barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 15:36:49 UTC 2006

I ran "yum upgrade" early yesterday from a remote ssh login, but upon
looking at the set of packages I decided to wait until I could sit at
the console to reboot.  So I declined to proceed with the upgrade when
prompted.

Later when I ran "yum ugrade" again, it found no packages to update.
After some poking around checking the mirrors, running "yum clean
headers", etc., I finally tried "yum clean all" and thereafter "yum
ugrade" worked flawlessly.

I've never seen this happen with "yum update", so I don't know why it
would be different with "upgrade", but there you are.