[CentOS] Yum upgrade to 4.4 problem

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Aug 31 16:40:55 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 11:28:12AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Sure ... help me understand the problem better.
> If you are going to upgrade yum separately first, so it like this:
> yum update yum sqlite python-sqlite python-urlgrabber python-elementtree
> then perform the other updates ....

python-sqlite 1.1.7 works with sqlite 3.2.x, but python-sqlite 1.1.6 doesn't
work right with sqlite 3.3.x. (It might be nice if the sqlite 3.3.x package
had "Conflicts: python-sqlite < 1.1.6, but oh well.) Therefore, I actually
think one should do

  yum upgrade python-sqlite

before everything else. (And then probably yum and all the other yum deps,
to be safe.)