[CentOS] LVM chown issues

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Thu Aug 31 17:35:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 12:55 -0400, Tony Schreiner wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2006, at 8:29 AM, William L. Maltby wrote:

> > <snip>

> chown -h
> or
> chown --no-dereference
>
> will change the ownership of the link source instead of the target
> (regardless of LVM)

EGAD! I should (re-)read a man page at least once each decade!  :-(

For Linux and some others, true, but we need to be alert to

-h, --no-dereference
  affect each symbolic link instead of any referenced file  (use-
  ful only on systems that can change the ownership of a symlink)

> Tony Schreiner

I'm trying to imagine exactly how/when I would want to use this.

> <snip sig stuff>

---
HTH