[CentOS] upgrade to 4.4 hangs

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Thu Aug 31 18:52:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 12:32 -0600, Zube wrote:
> Two identical machines, both running CentOS 4.3 plus all the errata.
> <snip>

> Suggestions for future tries on other machines?

My first attempt aborted, but at a much nicer place. Right at the end of
the downloads. I rebooted and took the simplistic view (may apply, I was
also 4.3 all updates and the occasional Extra or Plus goodie).

Feeling it was the typical Linux VM issue, I ran yum check-update and
put the output into a list. I split it into two pieces (about 130
entries each, IIRC), made each an update script and ran one. It worked,
pulling in dependencies as needed. I ran the other.

The only anomaly so far is iproute wanting to update again. I let it.

> Thanks much,
> Zube
> <snip sig stuff>

HTH