[CentOS] Yum choosing remote repositories first

Alfred von Campe alfred at 110.net
Thu Aug 31 21:02:36 UTC 2006

On Aug 31, 2006, at 12:19, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> There is a "New Thing"(tm) in this update set :)
> (don't you just love new things :)
>
> If you install the new centos-release rpm, you should have
> a /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo file
>
> If you then stick in a CentOS DVD (the CD's won't work as there is no
> mechanism to change them out),

Couldn't you copy the contents of all 4 CDs to a local drive and then
edit the config file to point to that location?

> it will normally automount into either:
>
> /media/cdrom
>
> or
>
> /media/cdrecorder
>
> If it automounted, you can do this:

And if it's not automounted, how do you go about fixing things so
that CDs/DVDs do get automounted?  I have that problem currently on
my CentOS 4.3 (soon to be updated to 4.4) system.

Alfred