[CentOS] XFS and CentOS 4.3

Tue Aug 15 04:13:50 UTC 2006
Mark Strong <mstrong at tnsi.com>

Hi All, after looking around for info on XFS(the filesystem) and its use
on CentOS and/or RHEL 4.  There seems to be a lot of noise about 4K
Stacks (especially on linux-xfs at oss.sgi.com).

So what is the best way to get XFS working with CentOS 4.3 ? And not
have something like this happening.

A quote from the xfs list at sgi
>On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 at 10:29am, Andrew Elwell wrote
>
        >using the 2.6.9-34 centosplus SMP kernel (3GHz P4 with
        >hyperthreading enabled)
        >
        >what we normally (~once a day) is simply
        >
        >do_IRQ: stack overflow: 416
        >[<c0107a27>]

>You don't want to use the XFS in the centosplus kernel. It has major
>known issues with 4K stacks (leading to overflows). Use the
>kernel-module-xfs (or somesuch) RPM instead, and you should have better
>luck.

Do I need a kernel with 8K stacks?

and is this

http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/testing/i386/RPMS/kernel-module-xfs-2.6.9-34.ELsmp-0.1-3.i686.rpm

the "kernel-module-xfs" RPM he was talking about (or equivalent for
`uname -r` equals 2.6.9-34.ELsmp).

Regards
Mark Strong

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and