[CentOS] proxy server - ipcop vs CentOS

Wed Aug 16 15:22:29 UTC 2006
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

I have purchased a used Compaq DL360 which I was going to use as a proxy
server. Presently, we are using a cheap box with ipcop which is working
fine but it didn't have much RAM (64MB), etc.

This new box we will want to run squid and perhaps dansguardian for
filtering (this is a non-profit company) and I'm wondering if I should
just put ipcop on it or would it be smarter/better to install CentOS 4,
squid and I see Dag has dansguardian package which suggests that I might
get more and better options from this.

Anyone have opinions on ipcop vs. CentOS

Craig