[CentOS] Tape backup question.

Sat Aug 19 09:10:05 UTC 2006
Geert Batsleer <batsleer at gmail.com>

Hello,

I want to backup my PE2800 on tape but I'm not sure how to do this.

My PE2800 has a RAID5 setup with 2 72GB SCSI disks and a Seagate DAT-2 72GB
internal tape-streamer and I'm running Centos 4.3 with the latest yum
updates.

I'm not sure if this tape-streamer is recognised by the OS properly because
it doesn't show up along with my DVD/floppy

I also recieved with the server a copy of Galaxy Express software from Dell
but from what it looks this seems to be more of a client/server
backupprogram and not really functional on a standalone server.

So how does one backs up + restores a complete HD (incl. MBR) like a ghost
image or something on a tape. Any good software or howto's you can suggest
would be much appreciated.

kind regards,

Geert