[CentOS] talking to users on on other boxes within my network...

Sun Aug 6 22:11:41 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com>

On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 18:04 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 15:28 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> > <snip>

> Since you need a daemon regardless (talkd), I figured one devil (sic) is
> a good as another! So I included the below. Found these.
<snip list of candidates & sig stuff>

BTW, I meant to mention that since any of these choices use a daemon
(unless you go with basic write?), be sure to consider your security
needs, if any. Consider using xinetd if the volume is low, be sure to
restrict port access from the Internet, configure host.{allow,deny}
properly so only desired local traffic is permitted for each machine,
etc. Check config files too, for a 1st/last line of defense. Some might
have some security configuration capability included in them.

HTH
--
Bill