[CentOS] Printing problem with CUPS and lp/lpr

Wed Aug 16 17:43:38 UTC 2006
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at rogers.com>

On Wed, 2006-16-08 at 10:15 -0400, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> Now I know I can use
> something like enscript, which works just fine, but I was wondering
> if there is a way to configure the printer so that lpr doesn't chop
> off the beginning and end of the line.

You can configure print options for the printer queue with
foomatic-configure.  But, since you've already set up the printer, use
can use lpoptions.

I think all the options for lpoptions are documented in the CUPS docs.
You can easily get to them by going to http://localhost:631 on the box
where you set up the printers (or from somewhere else on the network, if
you configured CUPS to give admin access to remote hosts).

You can set system wide queue default options; per-user defaults are
available too: just create a ~/.lpoptions file.  You can copy the syntax
for the file from the system wide version (/etc/cups/lpoptions).

HTH,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu