[CentOS] web based mail packages for CentOS

Sat Aug 19 22:36:54 UTC 2006
dan1 <dan1 at edenpics.com>

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I was using OpenGroupware but just hosed my system. Since I'm
> starting from scratch I would like to know what everyone's
> using for web based mail.

Hello, James.

I use SquirrelMail. Have a look, I find it very good personnally, and has a
lot of features. It seems to be a very mature project to me:
http://www.squirrelmail.org

It is compatible with Postfix/exim/qmail. Else, here is what they say:

SquirrelMail is a standards-based webmail package written in PHP4. It
includes built-in pure PHP support for the IMAP and SMTP protocols, and all
pages render in pure HTML 4.0 (with no JavaScript required) for maximum
compatibility across browsers. It has very few requirements and is very easy
to configure and install. SquirrelMail has all the functionality you would
want from an email client, including strong MIME support, address books, and
folder manipulation.

And these are the features:
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/SquirrelMailFeatures

Hope this helps..