[CentOS] web based mail packages for CentOS

Mon Aug 21 20:12:27 UTC 2006
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Monday 21 August 2006 15:58, James Marcinek wrote:
> I am actually taking a look at it.

> Was it easy to install? I currently have postfix and cyrus-imapd running
>   but could make changes.

It will replace yrus-imapd with its own IMAP4 server.  Installation was avery
simple; but, you have to trick the installer into thinking you have a Red Hat
Enterprise Linux installation (by editing /etc/redhat-release).

> I just changed from a linux Samba DC to an Active Directory one to
> change things up a bit. Does this Zimbra integrate with AD (or
> vice-a-versa)?

Scalix can integrate with AD.  Don't know about Zimbra.

> I have a lot of material to cover but these could help me out with a
> decision. It looks good so far.

The Scalix community forums are a good place to start learning about Scalix,
at www.scalix.com.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology