[CentOS] USB Pendrive automounting

Fri Aug 25 01:39:59 UTC 2006
Mark Weaver <mdw1982 at mdw1982.com>

Leonardo Vilela Pinheiro wrote:
> My USB Pendrive gets mounted everytime I put it on the USB port
> (/dev/sda on /media/usbdisk). This behaviour is the desired.
>
> Now I want the OS to automaticaly include the mount option
> iocharset=iso8859-1 everytime it mounts it.
>
> Is there a way to tell haldaemon (or other software) do this, instead of
> hand-editing /etc/fstab ?
>
> --
> Vilela

Hell! I'd be happy if mine would just see the critter and mount it!!
Every time I've even attempted to use my pen drive on my CentOS
workstation it's killed the thing. I've gone through two of'em so far.
Not even gonna attempt it with the third one.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."