[CentOS] upgrade to kernel 2.6.9.42.02

Tue Aug 29 07:24:30 UTC 2006
Morten Torstensen <morten at mortent.org>

J.J. Garcia wrote:
> Same here, same "ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller" for a
> Dell Inspiron 3100 and having the same issue, no sound at all, even
> checking alsamixer to verify muted channels.

I have a similar problem, where the aic7xxx module will not detect my Adaptec
SCSI host adapter. I think I have seen other issues with various PCI cards. The
aic7xxx module is the same version on the U3 kernel.

Maybe some PCI enumeration or initialization code has changed in U4? I am still
investigating on my system, but I have limited downtime to check different
options and adapters on my server.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.