[CentOS] Yum upgrade to 4.4 problem

Thu Aug 31 21:24:05 UTC 2006
Max H. <btmanmeh at verizon.net>

Simen Thoresen wrote:
> I've updated two boxes by doing
> # yum upgrade yum sqlite python-sqlite
> and then
> # yum upgrade
>
> If I understand correctly, my problem this time was caused by me trying
> to be cautious to avoid a problem similar to the last previous major
> update. If I had done
> # yum upgrade
> I had not run into the conflict, right?

I've done two more this afternoon after my botched laptop attempt. I did
not try to upgrade yum first, I simply did:

yum update

Now that I think about it, I remember I had said I did a few of these
before my laptop this morning and I didn't try to update yum first on
those either and I didn't have any problems.

Perhaps all is safe with just a yum update then.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Max