[CentOS] I've been hacked -- what should I do next?

Alexey Loukianov aloukianov at lavtech.ru
Mon Dec 4 16:15:42 UTC 2006

Greetings, Joshua.

1 ??????? 2006 ?., 22:37:43 you have wrote:

> Depends on the IP address.  If it came from an ISP here in the US
> (assuming you are here in the US), then sure submit it to the proper
> admins of those networks.  If the IP is outside of the US, then I
> wouldn't bother as e-mailing an admin from another country is useless
> unless you speak their language.
Not sure for the rest of world, but here in Russia the knowledge of
english is one of the main things checked when hiring someone on
system administrator or programmer position. Not always
free-spoken-level is required, but at least
read-of-techdocs-and-abuse-repots level. ;-)

--
Best Regards,
 Alexey Loukianov                          mailto:aloukianov at lavtech.ru

Software Development Department,