[CentOS] kde cant mount cdroms on users with nfs home

Alfred von Campe alfred at 110.net
Mon Dec 4 18:55:20 UTC 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 13:40, Jean Figarella wrote:

> I can't mount the cdrom when the user account has an nfs home
> directory. It works fine on the gnome side with the same user. It
> also works fine if I create a brand new local account, with no nfs
> mounted home directory.

Can you not mount the CDROM at all or does it merely not auto-mount?
I have the latter problem, which is a little annoying at times.
Doing a "mount /media/cdrom" as root mounts the CDROM and puts it on
the Desktop of the currently logged in Gnome user.  I never made the
correlation with having an NFS mounted home directory.  In our
environment, root can not access (read or write) the users' home
directories.

Alfred