[CentOS] I've been hacked -- what should I do next?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Mon Dec 4 19:37:12 UTC 2006

Quoting Leonard Isham <leonard.isham at gmail.com>:

> First I have relatives that know little to no English.  Second I have
> traveled to Europe, Asia, and Africa for both business and pleasure.
>
> Now I have to ask how many people would even attempt to understand an
> e-mail in an unknown language?

If their profession is computer related, the chances that they will be
able to understand what you wrote to them is relatively high.  It is
highly unlikely that an ISP will hire somebody who don't speak English
for "abuse" position.  Even the "basic helpdesk" personel is usually
required to have at least basic knowledge of English.

Like you, I also have many relatives back home in Croatia.  Many of
them don't speak English at all.  Back home in Croatia, I also have a
bunch of friends that are system administrators, programmers,
engineers, professionals, etc.  All of them do speak English.  It kind
of comes with the profession.  With some professions, it is a huge
dissadvantage if you don't know at least basic English.  Computer
related professions are just extreme example of that.