[CentOS] Cross Network Based CD/DVD Burning Software

Wojtek.Pilorz wpilorz at bdk.pl
Mon Dec 11 08:22:55 UTC 2006

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, ankush grover wrote:

> Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 21:30:53 +0530
> From: ankush grover <ankushcentos at gmail.com>
> Subject: [CentOS] Cross Network Based CD/DVD Burning Software
>
> Hey friends,
>

> I am using FC3 and Centos 4.0 at my home. I have one CD/DVD burner on
> Centos4.0 and no CD/DVD burner on FC3 machine. I am looking for a free
> client & server or cross network CD/DVD burning software something
> like NeroNet available on Windows. Means on the one workstation(FC3)
> the client software for CD/DVD burning will be installed, through this
> client software the data to be burned will be passed to the server
> software for CD/DVD burning installed on the other
> workstation(Centos4.0) and then the server software will burn the
> CD/DVD of that data.
>

> Please let me know if you need any further inputs.
>

> Thanks & Regards
>

> Ankush Grover
You might want to look at file /usr/share/doc/cdrecord-*/README.rscsi

rscsi is not installed on my system, perhaps because of security concerns,
so you might need to build cdrtools from source.

Whether using rscsi is a good idea, is entirely different thing.

Also, you might use mkisofs on your system with files, cdrecord on the
system with burner, and pass data through netcat, tpcutils or similar
utility.

Please let us know if you need further hints.

Wojtek