[CentOS] Dag mirror, yum and repomd.xml!

israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu

Thu Dec 14 18:14:47 UTC 2006

Hi:
I have a mirror of dag repository
(http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/i386/dag/) in my intranet which is used
by other servers to install/update rpms. I installed on every remote
server the rpmforge rpm, edit the /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo to fit
with my intranet mirror, but when I run yum, I get this error:

#yum -c rpmforge.repo search nagios
Warning, could not load sqlite, falling back to pickle
Repository rpmforge is listed more than once in the configuration
Searching Packages:
Setting up repositories
//var/cache/yum/rpmforge/repomd.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty

^
//var/cache/yum/rpmforge/repomd.xml:1: parser error : Start tag
expected, '<' not found

^
rpmforge                                                           0 B
00:00
ftp://repository.cimex.com.cu/dag/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] Error
importing repomd.xml for rpmforge: Error: could not parse file
//var/cache/yum/rpmforge/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: rpmforge
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from rpmforge: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from rpmforge: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.

Am I missing some step? What's wrong with my configuration?

Regards;
Israel