[CentOS] Re: Intel 965 Chipset on 4.4 ?

Angel Marin anmar at gmx.net
Mon Dec 18 10:48:56 UTC 2006

Shawn wrote:
> Do you happen to know the driver for your nic card.
> I've tried rt8111 and 8139too (different card) under fc6 without luck.

The r1000 driver from realtek:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#2

> I wanted centos originally actually but didn't think the jmicron would
> work and need to pull data off a pata drive once it is up.

The jmicron controller works fine with last centos kernel. The only
issue is the installation process if it must be done from a dvd drive on
that controller. Though it's easy to workaround too (add
"all-generic-ide" kernel boot parameter during installation)

Regards,
--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/