[CentOS] Tyan K8SSA (corrected) troubles with CentOS 4.4 i386

Karl R. Balsmeier karl at klxsystems.net
Mon Dec 18 19:57:05 UTC 2006

Feizhou wrote:

>> The boards we've got in our newer servers are Supermicro H8DA8.
>>
>> http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron/8131/H8DA8.cfm
>

> :(
>
> Nobody distributes Supermicro in Hong Kong anymore. Last I checked
> anyway. In fact, even Supermicro confirms it too:
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/wheretobuy/asia.cfm?rgn=134
>
> The remaining available Supermicro boards are all Intel ones. Oh well.

We have been using the Tyan Thunder S2882GNR-D Motherboard and AMD
Opteron 270's and Chenbro Chassis with much success since the Supermicro
stuff looks like Intel is holding sway...  With the Zippy brand power
supplied, LSI-Logic RAID 2x, broadcomm NICs, Crucial memory, and Fujitsu
Ultra320 SCSI disks we see very little breakage, like none, on the app
cluster.

-krb