[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 Strange hang on a poweredge 2900.

Brent brent at regrafix.com
Wed Dec 27 01:37:40 UTC 2006

first I would try the Nic Card. If for some reason that doesn't work I it
wouldn't hurt to try the 64 bit version if the nic card doesn' work.

I believe there is physical limit of 4 gigs on a 32 bit system. So you may
want to consider going 64 anyways for this server.

If none of this fixes it you got a bad MB or CPU and time for Dell to
replace it.

>> Just out of curriosity are you running 64bit or 32bit version of centos?
>>
>> The 32 bit version usually gives less problems.
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Have you tried booting with the non-smp kernel to see it the same
>>> problem
>>> occurs?
>>>
>>> If you have an Intel nic handy you could try to see if that eliminates
>>> the
>>> problem. I recently had trouble with the sky2 module, but in that case,