[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 Strange hang on a poweredge 2900.

Peter Serwe peter at infostreet.com
Wed Dec 27 18:22:12 UTC 2006

Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> I surmised the meaning of the -a switch by running it and I also did the
> ifconfig --help and found, like you, it was listed but no meaning given.
> I was just baffled by a switch not listed.  Learn something new every
> day.
>
> Have you checked support.dell.com for a nick driver?  I don't know about
> the linux versions as I have not worked on Dell linux boxes, but the
> windows versions have updated drivers there for all the components like
> TOE (not applicable to you as the TOE feature does not work in linux).
> Perhaps you just need an updated driver for the Gigabyte NIC?

Checked for an updated driver, didn't see anything.  Swapped in the
Intel pro1000/100/10,
didn't see a change in the behavior.  Going to try the x86_64 version,
and if that doesn't
work, probably just go back and run it on FreeBSD.  Not to say that I
can't be bothered
to figure out what the problem is, I'm just at a loss and not getting a
response out of
linux-poweredge yet either.  We'll see, the jury's still out :)

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>
http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown