[CentOS] UPS support on CentOS 4.4

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Fri Dec 29 03:35:57 UTC 2006

Edward Diener wrote:

> I realize that CentOS 4.4 is based on reliability, and not the latest
> and greatest software out there, but I am wondering what total UPS
> solution actually exists for it, or for RHEL4 which customers of the
> latter have used. I can live with apcupsd, and I realize that with an
> upcoming CentOS 5 there will probably be better compatibility, but I was
> wondering if there is any other total solution for the time being which
> anyone else has used. Thanks !

I do remember there was some kind of web interface for apcupsd.  I even
had it installed once on Centos 4 box.  Basically, it'll just display
status of UPS on the web page.  While not the same thing as having a
tray icon, at least you'll be able to easily check the status of your UPS.

Not sure if it was part of apcupsd, or something separate.