[CentOS] Fwd: How to add a route to a network via 2 gateways.

Indunil Jayasooriya

indunil75 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 11:11:48 UTC 2006

Hi ,

I have a network to reach which is 192.168.2.0/24. It is a branch of the
company. I have currently added a route to that network via one gateway (
192.168.0.254) in following way.

ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 via 192.168.0.254

Now, We got another gateway which is 192.168.0.250. Now I want to add a
route to the same network  which is 192.168.2.0/24 via this gateway
(192.168.0.250)
as well.

Then I will have 2 paths to the same network. One path should be primary and
the other path  should be backup. everything should go via primary path.

if the primary  path goes down, the backup path should be active.

That is the purpose of doing this.

Pls let me know whether it is possible or not?

if possible, How can I achieve this goal.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya