[CentOS] SAS Controllers

Fri Dec 1 10:33:19 UTC 2006
Peter Kjellstrom <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 18:36, Mark Snyder wrote:
> Hi All, first time post so please excuse any blunders
>
> We are specifying two servers using supermicro X7DBE+ MB and want to add on
> a SAS controller for Raid 10.  We want to use the CentOS 4.4 X86_64 distro.
>
> We are currently considering an Intel CC SRCSAS144E SAS Raid Controller for
> the servers using 4 Fujitsu 147 GB SAS HDD, and a Adaptec SASC RAID 4805
> 8-port for the server using 6 Fujitsu 147 GB SAS HDD.
>
> Any feedback on this distro, the supermicro X7DBE+, or SAS controllers
> would be appreciated.

I have supermicro X7xxx boards and they work fine with Centos-4 x86_64 (you do
need .4 since it includes a new enough e1000 driver).

Regarding the SAS controllers the only thing I run on Centos-4 is a few Dell
rebranded LSI things. They seem to work ok (no extra drivers, uses
megaraid_sas) but I can't say I've been pushing them hard.

/Peter