[CentOS] rpmforge/dag's perl-Apache-ASP

Wed Dec 13 19:43:58 UTC 2006
Kevan Benson <kbenson at a-1networks.com>

Has anyone actually had any success in installing the perl-Apache-ASP package
from rpmforge?  CentOS 4 seems to have just the right combination of almost
using mod_perl 2 (1.99 before major API changes) to make this extremely hard
to get right while staying with somewhat standard packages.  I suspect it's
in the repo but not actually tested, as I've tried quite a few combinations
of using this RPM with the CentOS4 mod_perl and my own mod_perl 2 built using
cpan2rpm, as well as my own perl-Apache-ASP.rpm built from CPAN.

I've also experienced problems with compiling ePerl into and RPM, mainly due
to it's age, but I can probably patch this to get it to build.

Suggestions for other solutions with similar functionality are welcome, I'm
really just looking for a in-lined perl/HTML solution that provides somewhat
respectable performance while altering the actual perl as little as possible
(unlike embperl and mason, which each implement a mini-language to varying
degrees).

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks