[CentOS] ACL Support and Samba

Thu Dec 14 07:31:01 UTC 2006
Shawn Everett <shawn at tandac.com>

I've been playing with filesystem ACLs and wanted to integrate that with
Samba to create a more transparent end user experiance.

I have set up and tested a JFS partition with ACL support.  I can use
getfacl and setfacl with no problems to set permissions as needed.  It
works great.

I compiled Samba with ACL support using the --with-acl configure option.
Unfortunately I can't seem to get Samba/Windows to list the full set of
permissions that show up with a getfacl.  Trying to add two users with two
different permissions to a file via Windows, returns an "access denied"
message.  The listed permissions only show the normal owner/group/other
permissions and not the more detailed getfacl permissions that have been
set up.

If anyone has any hints or suggestions it would be apreciated.

Shawn