[CentOS] Configuring 1440 x 900 LCD Monitor

Thu Dec 28 21:54:12 UTC 2006
Pete <pchoppin at comcast.net>

CentOS 4.4
Kernel Release 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL
Monitor: ViewSonic VX1935WM
Video Adapter: Intel 82945 G Express
KDE 3.3

Greetings

I am attempting to configure my ViewSonic VX1935WM widescreen monitor.
Unfortunately this model is not listed in the Display Settings.  I have
attempted the generic 1440 x 900 LCD monitor listed.  This does not
provide the required resolution. I have edited /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
added my monitor, resolution, refresh rate, and screen size.  The
problem is that even when I have added this to xorg.conf the new
resolution does not show in Display Settings and I cannot change my
display to the new resolution.

Thank you
--
Linux... When you're ready.