[CentOS] I've been hacked -- what should I do next?

Fri Dec 1 19:42:51 UTC 2006
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net>:

> Is there any sense in reporting this?  I have the IP addresses from
> which they logged in.

You could try, it won't hurt.  However, you run 99% probability
nothing will happen.  That IP address is probably just another
compromised system.  If it's a dial-up address, contact the ISP.  If
it actually belongs to some organization (for example university),
contact them.  In general, places like universities might even attempt
to do something with info you provided.  ISP's in general will do
little to nothing about it.