[CentOS] Need php-mcrypt

Tue Dec 5 09:29:24 UTC 2006
Alexey Loukianov <aloukianov at lavtech.ru>

Greetings, Ferdinando.

On 5 ??????? 2006 ?., 12:15:09 you wrote:

> Hi all!
> I need this PHP extension.
> I'm in CentOS 4.4, plus extras, plus, dag, freshrpm and rpmforge repos,
> but I can't find it.
> I found libmcrypt, but PHP seems ignore it... Ah, I use PHP5, MySQL5 and
> Apache 2.2
> I tried to hand write right conf of *.ini PHP conf files, and I tried to
> manually soft-link libraries in php.d/modules/.. folder, but nothing works.
> So I would know if there's a Centos repos for this extension.
> FC5 repos have it, but I don't know if including a Fedora repos into
> CentOS would be high risk....
This question was discussed on the list about a month ago, you'd
better search archives before posting.

The trouble with PHP5 mcrypt is that it is not enabled by default in
CentOS4.
You have two options:
1.Head on to
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4.4/centosplus/i386/SRPMS/,
grab SRPMS for PHP5 version you need, correct spec file to include
mcrypt and recompile it. You will have later to manually
download-recompile-upgrade PHP, as your recompiled version won't be
supported by up2date/yum.
2. Compile the module itself using PECL. This one should be much more
easier and faster.

--
Best regards,
 Alexey Loukianov                          mailto:aloukianov at lavtech.ru