[CentOS] HOW TO SETUP VPN ON CENTOS

Tue Dec 5 23:12:48 UTC 2006
Robert Becker Cope <robert at gonkgonk.com>

John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> openVPN is by far the cleanest, easiest to setup and easiest to use
> VPN I've seen to date. It can handle LAN to LAN tunnels, client to
> LAN, client to host, all sorts of combinations, its quite easy to
> setup the routing, etc etc.

I can't agree with this more. Also, you can configure it to run with TCP over
port 443, which makes it much more likely that a network you're connected to is
going to allow the connection out. Other VPN solutions use a range of ports and
other protocols that may not handled as well at hotels and such.

Note that you can get OpenVPN RPMs here:

   http://dag.wieers.com/packages/openvpn/

robert