[CentOS] WARNING: Kernel Errors Present in logwatch

Thu Dec 7 14:25:16 UTC 2006
Matty <matty91 at gmail.com>

On 12/7/06, Erick Perez <eaperezh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, yesterday my linux machine gave me some smartd errors so i checked
> the disk in another machine and it had defective sectors, I installed
> a new hard disk on the original machine.
> Today this is being reported in logwatch.
> I have a Maxtor (200gig) as hda, a cdrom as hdc and another hard disk
> that is used for storage as hdd. All plain IDE (not sata)

Did you run an enxtended SMART self test on the drive? If two disk
drives are reporting errors, I would start to wonder if the controller
isn't at fault. The SMART self test should help with isolating the
faulty component.

Thanks,
- Ryan
--