[CentOS] Re: VNC Server

Tue Dec 12 13:21:29 UTC 2006
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 06:26, Departamento de Informatica wrote:
> Thanks, I've configured the vnc server, on port 5901, lamentably i
> only have acces from localhost, with nmap the port 5901 appears like
> "filtered", just need to changue some thing on Iptables configuration,
> because i did
>
> iptables -A INPUT -p TCP -i eth1 -s 10.20.30.0/24 --dport 5901 -j ACCEPT

For the default installation with iptables enabled, all the rules are
in /etc/sysconfig/iptables; you need to edit this file with the rule you need
above the reject line and with the right chain name.  Once you edit this
file, do a 'service iptables restart' to make it active.

If it still doesn't work, check /var/log/messages to see if SELinux is denying
the socket open for listening.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology